Street Ministry

Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 by Monica in
5

So, I knew being in Nepal wasn't going to be easy - I knew I was going to encounter quite a bit of spiritual warfare and people being so lost by worshipping false gods. However, a couple of days ago, we went to go and watch an animal sacrifice - for me, this was unbelievably difficult to watch. I prayed a couple of days before we went that God would break my heart for what breaks His and He did, He so answered that prayer... it wasn't so much that it wasn't a true sacrifice that got me (it truly was just a blood sacrifice), it was seeing so many sacrifices and so much blood spilled for so many false gods. When I first saw the statues for the sacrifices, my initial reaction was how these people could think that these were gods - it was horrific - there were burnt sacrifices of fruit and other sacrifices of chickens and goats. But what got me was that this seemed like a joke to most people, it seemed that they were doing it out of pure obligation since it's what they were raised on. We've done Street Ministry for the past few days and for me, it seems like young people especially don't see the point on what their parents have raised them on - they don't want to be apart of it anymore... I've had the opportunity to pray with people because they don't see the point and they are so lost. Today was an eye opening day for Ministry for me - I was able to talk to a woman who was apart of a church for a year but she had to stop going because she was forced to stop going by her community - she's been going to a Temple for awhile now and she says that the Spirits seem the same to her - she knows that worshipping false gods will do nothing for her but she feels discouraged by her community and doesn't want to go back to having Jesus Christ in her life. She and her entire community are going to be in my prayers. One of the craziest sights for me happened yesterday - I was able to talk to a lady who is the head of a Hindu Church and she believes that she is a goddess (a Snake God, specifically) - she is so set on her ways but her daughter wanted to know more about God - she was so HUNGRY to know more about God that she didn't want us to leave - we talked to a pastor and he is going to take her to church! God is moving through us and it's just so amazing!

5 comments:

  1. Monica - you're doing awesome!

    Continue trusting God and loving people. Super proud of you and praying for you.

    Koby.

  1. Monica... this is amazing. I'm so inspired to know that you're dedicating time out of your life to reach others esepcially somewhere you've never been before. God is moving through you and He is excited to see you give your all for others. I love what you're doing and will continue to pray for you!

    Josh

  1. kelly says:

    Wow Monica, that is some crazy stuff that you are experiencing! Just keep relying on God, following the Holy Spirit's guidance, and we'll keep praying for you here at home!

    You're a brave girl :)

    Kelly

  1. Hello lovely Monica...

    I am so proud of you and am so thankful that you are bringing the love of God to a people in need. I know there is always a great personal cost involved in sowing into the hearts of people, but Heaven is watching and there is always great reward on the other side of your obedience to follow in God's plan for your life.

    Keep letting your heart be broken with what breaks His heart...let His beautiful love, grace and mercy flow from your life to theirs.

    Miss your sweet face around here...

    Helen (Burns) xo

  1. Unknown says:

    Hey Mon.....soooooo stoked for you (ok, just a little jealous too!). What a fantastic, heart stretching, life changing experience. Wow! Proud of you for stepping into every opportunity to share about Him.
    Can't wait to catch up over a cuppa tea!