More on Nepal

Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 by Monica in
0

So last night was a really powerful night for me - the entire team had the privledge of going on a prayer walk through the entire hotel and just letting the Holy Spirit lead us on what we felt we should prayer for - it was so ridiculous how powerful it was for me - it really amazes me that God doesn't just need our prayers, He wants our prayers so badly and I just felt so convicted to pray for every person in the hotel and across the city of Kathmandu. As my group and I were praying, we had people walking by and giving us the strangest looks but I realized that I didn't care - we included those people in our prayers and it was such a privledge to pray for them... I just feel so convicted to pray for every person that I come across because it's come across my mind, that I might be the first and only person that they encounter that will share Jesus Christ with them... Nepal is a dark place but God's light is shining everywhere that I and the rest of the team goes... today we were able to go to a main touristy sight in Kathmandu that is super big on what Hindus and Buddhists believe - it just made me so sad, my heart was breaking... it was the same thing that we encountered at the Monkey Temple - people felt that they were obligated to be there and they didn't even know WHY... they think that their beliefs is all there is, it's all they know... it's a burden for them to be there... one thing that moved the entire team was that we were able to see a goddess - who is 4 years old... her name is Kumari and she is chosen when she is 3-5... she is not allowed outside of the palace and she is not allowed to smile at people outside for fear that she brings bad luck on them... if she does go outside of the palace for a festivil, she must never touch the ground but must stay inside of a carriage... when she bleeds for the first time, she retires... this blew my mind... people who worship this goddess don't worship the same goddess, every few years she will change - it's sad that they feel they have to worship these gods even knowing that they won't answer their prayers or protect them... this afternoon we were able to go to an orphanage and what a privledge it was... these kids are so full of life but their background stories were so sad... I realized that the most precious thing that we could give them was our time and attention, and love on them we did... Their smiles were all that we needed to see... I can't believe how impacted I am by this trip... I didn't know why God wanted me to go to Nepal but I'm so glad that I obeyed Him and came here, God is moving in a powerful way and I praise Him for the opportuniy to come here and share with His people, people that He loves and created ad so wants to know! More to come later..

0 comments: