I love Nepal!

Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 by Monica in
1

So, for the time that I've spent in Nepal so far, I've been thinking about Jeremiah 29:11 A LOT! "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future". It's just such a powerful verse for me and it's a constant reminder that it's not a mistake that I'm here in Nepal, God has a plan and a purpose for me and each member of the team. He hand picked each one us and blessed us with talents and abilities that we can use here in Nepal to constantly bring Honor and Glory to His name. When we're doing Street Ministry and reaching out to the people in the villages, the scripture is even more evident then - we have the opportunity to reach out to people that are lost and feel that they don't have a hope or are questioning why they're even here. It's such a privledge to be able to share the Word of God and be able to explain to them that through Him, they can experience a love that is so powerful, one can't even begin to fathom how great and powerful it is... I love the fact that I get to explain that with God, you can surrender all to Him and experience hope... I've had the opportunity to pray with some people and even though they didn't accept Christ into their lives right at the moment, the seed was planted and all I can do is leave the results up to God. It's in my prayers that the people that I was able to pray for that didn't want to accept Christ into their lives right away, will feel convicted to accept that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that His word is the Truth, and that with a relationship with Him, they can discover that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of them...
This morning, we were able to go to a church service and it was just such a privledge and a joy to be able to worship our amazing God with them - even though we have a language barrier, we were created by the same God and we were all there lifting His name on High... it's so amazing to see their passion for God - they have such a hunger to know more about Him, it's contagious... they are such Leaders in their community and I pray that they are constantly walking in His light and striving to be more like Him, so that when people encounter them, they encounter God too... this afternoon we were able to go to the biggest church in the city of Kathmandu to attend the Youth Service and perform Dance and Drama for them, and what a treat that was! I love the fact that our Dance and Drama Performances can reach out and impact so many people - during the Praise and Worship, I burst into tears - it was the most amazing sight - seeing so many hands raised and hearing everyone sing, was one of the most beautiful sights that I've ever seen - I've come to love the people of Nepal and I just feel such a conviction to reach out and connect with as many people as I can!

1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    Cheering you on Monica. Wonderful to read how you are inspired + God is working in your own life as well. Loving the posts! Helen