Some Thoughts Before I Leave

Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 by Monica in Labels:
2

It's now 12:45 A.M. June 25th - the first thing that comes to mind is that in 11 hours, I will be on my plane going to Chicago for a week for Training and from there, 5 weeks in Nepal. There's definitely been a lot of mixed emotions for me - obviously, a big one is excitement but another was almost a sadness - for me, it was my last WF, my last Sunday Service, and my last day at work for 6 weeks - I know that on this trip I will be praising God constantly for all that He has blessed me with in Canada but as I'm sitting here writing this, I'm just completely blown away for that God has done for me in my life during these past 3 years. He's blessed me with an amazing church family, He's blessed me with an amazing job, I've gotten saved, I've gotten baptized, I've gotten baptized in the Holy Spirit. I know that this trip is an absolute blessing from God - I know that if I hadn't made the decision to give Him control of my life, I would most likely not be going on this trip. I truly have no idea why I'm going to Nepal, I've never had any intention of going there - all I know is that while I was looking through the website of the organization that I'm traveling with, I felt God tell me to go to Nepal. I didn't know what to think at that moment but I know that I trust in God with all my heart and that any doubts I have in my mind, He is bigger and stronger than all of them. I'm praying that God prepares my eyes and heart for what I'm going to see and encounter there; I'm praying that in whatever situation that I'm faced with in Nepal, that God will put on my heart what He wants me to say/do, whether that be prayer, a hug, or just a smile. I'm praying that God will work through me in Nepal and that the people will experience and encounter His love through me. For me, it is such a blessing to be a blessing to others - to have the chance to be the hands and feet of God. I know that God has a plan and a purpose for me on this trip - I'm so stoked to be able to find out what it is.

2 comments:

  1. im excited for the things GOD is going to do while u are away! i love you and cant wait to see your beautiful face!

  1. Monica says:

    Oh Paula, you are an amazing woman of God with a passion for Him that is contagious - I miss your astoundingly beautiful face, especially your laugh and smile! I'm so stoked to be able to tell you guys all that God is going to do through me while I'm here!